DIY Essential Oil Hair Rinse
Today I'd like to share another fun and easy DIY using essential oils! I am constantly finding new ways to utilize them and I'm just always in awe of the power of nature.
So, today's DIY is for your very own apple cider vinegar rinse with rosemary essential oil!
If you've never heard of using apple cider vinegar on your hair, here is a list of the many benefits:
- restores your scalp's pH
- clarifies the hair, removing chemicals and buildup
- helps maintain moisture
- soothes dry or itchy scalp
- helps prevent split ends
- seals the hairs' cuticle
- gets rid of dandruff
- helps with detangling
- provides shine!
As for rosemary essential oil, I just love to use this oil in any hair product! In fact, I often add a few drops to any of my existing shampoos. This powerful oil nourishes the scalp, stimulates the hair follicle which helps the hair to grow and helps with hair loss and graying! Pretty amazing.
So! Let's get to it...here is the super simple recipe for putting together your own hair rinse!
Apple Cider Vinegar Hair Rinse with Rosemary Essential Oil
- 1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup of water (use distilled if you have hard water like I do)
- 5 drops of rosemary essential oil
- an empty bottle or jar
Literally just pour everything in together and shake before each use and that's it!
How to Apply
- Wash your hair as normal. Conditioning is not necessary.
- Pour a little bit of the mixture over your head and massage into scalp.
- Repeat 2-3 more times.
- Leave the rinse on if you like or do a quick rinse with water, being careful not to completely wash it out...that's it!
To Note: Yes, while your hair is still wet, it will have a strong vinegar smell, but this will go away once it is dry! ;)
Living in Munich, Germany, I have to cope with a major amount of calcium in my water and even a special shower filter hasn't been enough...I find that doing this rinse really helps to reset and nourish my hair! I hope that if you give it a try you will love it too! Let me know in the comments how you like it!